This post will be a bunch of "after" pictures with little description since my camera was having issues while taking all the "during" pictures. Without pictures trying to describe the process of how I built the truck will be difficult and I'm sure boring to read. So, I'll just spare you all the details and get straight to the pictures.
Supplies I used:
- Lots of cardboard!
- Brown gift wrap paper
- Green, white and black spray paint
- Wood for the tires
- 4 screws and 4 nuts
- 1 pack of red and white reflector tape (cut in half)
- Yellow and black reflector tape (cut in half)
- Wire mesh for front "grill"
- Spray adhesive
- 2 battery operated LED lights
- Old belt cut in half for straps
- Wire to attach straps to cardboard
I had most of the supplies already, which helped keep the cost down. The only things I had to buy were the reflector tapes, green spray paint, belt (from Goodwill) and the LED lights. The lights were definitely the most expensive part at $7.00 a piece. I didn't mind splurging on them since they can be reused pretty much anywhere in the house.
The lights on the front are battery operated LED lights that I taped onto the front of the truck. You know, so you can see while you're Trick-or-Treating!
My son absolutely loves this truck and the reaction from him after it was all done was priceless.
We have a Halloween party this weekend, so I'm hoping to share my costume next week.