Happy Monday! I FINALLY got something accomplished this weekend and it feels so good. Just recently I got the itch to update our hall bathroom and this weekend I was able to make a lot of progress. My husband was away and before I knew it I had everything off the walls and was patching holes. I think he has learned by now that things are never the same when he returns from a trip.
If it feels like I'm all over the place with projects, well, that's because I am. I tend to start projects at the spur of the moment when I have 10 other things going on. Believe it or not, I am actually nearing the end of the mudroom. I got a few decor pieces up on the wall and I'm on the hunt for the perfect artwork. So.....in the meantime, I'm working on the bathroom.
In my opinion our current bathroom is very standard and predictable, something that I definitely don't want our house to be. I want our home to have some personality and the black vanity, black medicine cabinet, black frames and black mirror felt a little too safe. Although I plan to keep the medicine cabinet and vanity (for storage reasons), the mirror, faucet, paint and other accessories will be changing.
- The shower curtain was what sparked this entire makeover. I found it at HomeGoods and was immediately drawn to the stripes and deep charcoal/navy color. Once I noticed the bottom fringe and $16.99 price tag I was sold. Doesn't it remind you of something straight out of West Elm?
- The carved wood mirror is something completely out of my comfort zone and different from what I would normally choose. It was a total splurge, but the space really needed a focal piece and what better way than a beautiful wood mirror? It's the perfect way to add warmth and contrast to the black vanity and medicine cabinet. I just hope it's as gorgeous in person as it is online. Just check out how it pops in these beautiful bathrooms.
- The room, which was painted Sherwin-Williams Coastal Plain got a fresh coat of Sherwin-Williams Conservative Gray. It's a very light gray/green, but reads more blue in our bathroom. Either way, it's just what the space needed.
- I'll be adding a blue bath mat and towels to help tie in the shower curtain. I've been checking every Marshalls, HomeGoods and TJ Maxx in search of the perfect towels with no luck. I ultimately resorted to searching online and found a few different ones that I'm hoping will match the shower curtain. I love this diamond one from Wayfair and I'm crossing my fingers that the colors blend together.
- The fox wall hook is something I have been wanting forever. The $18 price tag seems a bit steep, but I think he'll be the perfect addition. Plus, since I saved so much on the shower curtain I'm giving myself permission to splurge on the fox.
Here's how the bathroom looked just the other day....
and here's a glimpse of the new shower curtain and paint color.
I'd like to think I'll have this makeover complete within the next few weeks, but considering how slow things get done around our house it may be a bit longer. Either way, I can't wait to put the finishing touches on this space.