Have you started decorating for the Holidays? Over 35 of your favorite bloggers have come together to share their fun and festive ideas. From Ornaments to Tree Skirts, you are sure to be inspired by all of these amazing homemade ideas to Trim the Tree!
My husband and I got married almost 10 years ago and ever since I've trimmed our Christmas tree with dates that are meaningful to our family. First starting with 2005 (the year we got married), 2007 (the year we bought our first house together), 2008 (the year my daughter was born) and 2010 (the year my son was born.) I don't know how I got started on the whole date thing, but once I started, I couldn't stop.
I've never made handmade ornaments in years past, but this year, I really wanted to make something that reminded me of my kids. Since I have a slight obsession with silhouette pictures I thought what better way to create a meaningful ornament than with my kids silhouettes.
Here's what you'll need:
- Wood slices (I cut my own)
- White Paint
- Black card stock
- Gold metallic magic marker
- Glue pen
- Mod Podge
- Small metal eye hooks
I started by taking profile pictures of my kids then sizing the pictures to fit the wood slices. My daughter's picture ended up being bigger than my son's, but I wasn't being too picky about the size. She's older, so I guess she gets a bigger head.
They're gonna be the perfect addition to our tree this year! (don't let the fake greenery and lights fool you, I haven't started decorating yet!)
1. Advent Calendar Pocket 2. Polymer Clay Poinsettia 3. Yarn Wrapped Ornament 4. Vintage Green Paper Ornament 5. Trim the Tree Garland 6. Ribbon Stuffed Ornaments 7. Wooden Star Ornament 8. Melted Snowman Ornament 9. Felt Christmas Tree 10. Santa Star Ornament
1. Vintage Map Ornament 2. Yarn Joy Ornament 3. Embossed Wood Bird Ornament 4. Snow Man Wood Slice Ornament 5. Christmas Garland 6. Tree Skirt for under $20 7. Star Painted Ornament 8. Neon Christmas Tree Topper 9. Wooden Spool Christmas Tree
1. Gingerbread Cookie Ornament 2. Wood Etched Cork Garland 3. Bow Christmas Tree Garland 4. Travel Map Ornaments 5. Homemade Glitter Ornaments 6. Felt Candy Ornaments 7. Make Love Ornament 8. How to Decorate your Tree like a Pro 9. Joy Ornament 10. Glitter Pinecone Ornament
1. Scented Gingerbread Ornament 2. Diy Tree Skirt 3. Pinecone Decorative Tree 4. Wood Slice Ornament 5. Wood Slice Child Silhouette Ornament 6. Tips for Decorating the Christmas Tree 7. Mason Jar Lid Ornament 8. Gold Basket Weave Ornament 9. Rustic Christmas Tree Garland 10. Starfish Christmas Ornaments