A few months ago I saw a window frame at Target and loved it so much I ended up buying it as soon as it went on sale. I wasn't sure where I was going to hang the frame, so it ended up in my bedroom. I just took the stock pictures out and hung it up as is.
I liked the frame, but didn't love how the light wood color of the frame looked with all the dark furniture. I really wanted the frame to be darker and felt like it was missing something. I had a large engineer print that I had printed at a local office supply store about a month ago and thought it would be perfect in the frame. I had already cut the picture thinking I was going to use it for something else and never did. The problem now was that the picture was too small. Instead of going out and getting another one printed (only $4.00 by the way!) I wanted to use what I had. I ended up cutting the picture into 4 and calling it a day.
Here's where everything went wrong...
I took a ton of pictures while doing this project and something happened to my camera. It took the pictures, but nothing would download to the computer. Ahh, so irritating. So, there are no step by step pictures for this like I had planned. Basically, I just stained the frame with one coat of ebony stain, clear coated the frame then cut the large picture into four smaller ones.
I think I will probably get another picture made so I can have one picture instead of four, but for now it works.
If anyone is interested you can find the link for the frame here.
They only make the frame in the dark espresso finish now (go figure) and it's worth mentioning that I did not spend $34.99 for this frame. I bought it on sale when I had a $5.00 off any Threshold purchase of $25.00 or more. I love a good deal!
Hopefully, next time you see the room it will be finished!