(Tearing out trim in hallway)
(Measuring for studs in the dining room for board and batten)
(Drilling nails in the boards for the new deck)
(Measuring for new trim)
His "help" soon turned into him wanting to do things himself and sneaking off to remove switch plate covers and screws from door hinges. It was not uncommon for us to find screws laying around the house and then have to figure out where they came from.
I started out with a left over piece of 1 x 12. I sanded down the edges to get rid of the sharp corners.
I used my favorite Minwax Ebony stain
I only did one coat of stain since it covered well. Once it was dry I applied a coat of Polyurethane Clear coat.
When everything was all dry, I laid out my hardware pieces in an arrangement that I liked. Owen has been into locks and keys lately, so I added two latches that he could lock. I also added a knob that I screwed in from the back of the board. This way he can unscrew the knob and screw it back on.